Medicated Milk Replacer
- Understand that the term “medicated milk replacer” means that antibiotics have been added to the dairy milk replacer.
- Be able to list the antibiotics that are most commonly added to medicated milk replacer.
- Understand the disadvantages associated with using medicated milk replacer.
- Understand that proper management and preventive medicine, including sanitation and a good colostrum program, are critical to long-term calf health and can often replace the need for medicated milk replacer.
- Be able to describe a good colostrum management program for dairy calves.