2. Physical Exam
Physical Exam Finding from Cowboy:
- Heart Rate: 68 beats per minute, tachycardic
- Temperature: 103.2 degrees Farenheight (35.5 degrees Celsius)
- CRT: Capilary refill time is 4 seconds; gums are red/purple color
- Ultrasound: Small intestinal motility is sluggish; increased wall thickness of 5-7 mm (normal is 2-3 mm); large colon motility is decreased and filled with fluid ingesta.
- Rectal Exam: Palpable fluid-filled large intestine.
- Other Observations: Mildly colicky; poor peripheral pulses; green, watery, foul-smelling diarrhea.